Broken links, I've had a few...

A couple of maintenance announcements...

I moved all 500+ posts from the old blog to their new home.  As you might expect, this worked for about 95% of the posts.  So now let's talk about the 5%.

Some images didn't carry across perfectly with their formatting.  I'm no too fussed about that on the older posts. 

All links from inside the blog to the outside world work perfectly.

All links to individual blog posts are hideously broken.  So a link inside one post to another post will go into hyperspace.

Sorry about that.  I looked at doing a script to update them, but there aren't that many, so it might be easier to fix them manually as they crop up.

500,000 hits

This blog has passed half a million hits.

When I started it, I thought one or two, or perhaps as many as five people might be interested in odd facts about the ancient world.  It turns out there are slightly more of us than I thought.

Thanks for reading!

I thought as much

I know funny error messages on web sites are common, but this one confirms something I've long suspected.  This from one of GOOGLE's own services:

500 Internal Server Error
Sorry, something went wrong.

A team of highly trained monkeys has been dispatched to deal with this situation.
If you see them, show them this information: ...